We Are ALWAYS Looking for Volunteers! Print Your Application Today!
If you have a passion for serving your community and want to give back, come join Greene County Rescue Squad!
We only require 24 hours a month for active members. We will work with your schedule to make sure you are able to get your hours even if you have a hectic schedule.
You can do up to 3 ride-a-longs before submitting an application to see if GCRS would be a good fit for you.
We offer CPR and EMT-B classes here, at no charge to our members after they are released from initial probationary period. We provide monthly continuing education (CE) classes for all our members.
- 16-18 years old for Cadet Membership (application below).
- 18+ years old for Active Membership (application below).
- Hold a current CPR card
- Run 24 hours a month
- Must attend monthly meeting (1st Wednesday of the month) at least once per quarter.
- **Optional, but STRONGLY encouraged: EVOC class II (EVOC Classes) and at least EMT-B certification
- Fill out appropriate application below. You must get 3 professional references email the 1st Lt.
- If you are applying for cadet membership, you must get parent’s permission for application.
- Next, you need to get fingerprinted at the Sheriff’s Office, so a background check can be completed. This can take up to 8+ weeks. We strongly encourage this to be done as early as possible.
- If the background check comes back clear, we will conduct an interview with you and our officers.
- If you are a cadet, a parent/guardian needs to be present.
- Membership decision will be brought to the body at the next business meeting.
- Mandatory probationary period of 6 months.
If you are interested in being apart of our family, please review and fill out an application below:
Once your application is fully complete, you may
drop it off at our building:
Email to: Greeneresq@gmail.com
ATTN: First Lt/ New Membership Application
Drop off: Greene County Rescue Squad
9845 Spotswood Trail, Stanardsville, VA 22973
Mail to: P. O. Box 302, Stanardsville, VA 22973
ATTN: First Lt